Huddol Journeys is a mobile application (“Application”) which provides people who have created an account access to transformational 7-day journeys, through which they can access content (“media”, “video”, and “audio”), post in social forums (“Discussion”), keep a journal (“Journal”), register to live classes (“Live Classes”), and listen to podcasts (“Podcasts”). All told these describe the Application services (“Services”). Our policies play an important role in creating an inviting community for our members.
Huddol (the “Application”) is a place for learning, reflecting, practice and social exchange. Members may exchange knowledge, experiences, and insights with one another, as well as with Mentors. Based on the information you provide, our algorithm recommends Services matched to your profile and needs.
Participating in the Application may involve sharing experiences and details about you. It does not require you to provide personally identifiable information. At Huddol, we are concerned about you and your privacy. We employ best practices from industry to protect you every step of the way.
Huddol and its affiliates reserve the right, at any time, to modify or replace this Policy. It is your responsibility to check the Policy periodically for changes. Your use of the Application following the posting of any changes to the Policy constitutes acceptance of those changes. If there are any significant changes to the Policy that materially affect the way we treat your information, you will be notified upon logging in to the Application or via email.
General Statement of Privacy and Protection of Personal Information
We take your privacy and security of Personal Information very seriously. We have provided a secure environment and this Policy that describes the limited ways the information is used and the limited access to such information.
This Policy covers the treatment of personally identifiable information, i.e. any information that identifies an individual, or can be used in conjunction with other information to identify an individual (“Personal Information”) and other information gathered when you are using the Application. This Policy also covers our treatment of any Personal Information that we may share with third parties under very limited circumstances.
This Policy does not apply to the general practices and treatment of information (whether personal or not) by third parties that we do not own or control, including but not limited to any third-party websites or services (“Third Party Website” or “Third Party Service”) that you elect to access through the Application or via a link from the Application, or to individuals that we do not manage or employ. While we attempt to facilitate access or link only to those third-party Websites or Services that share our respect for your privacy, we cannot take responsibility for the content or privacy policies of those third-party Websites or Services. We encourage you to carefully review the privacy policies of any third-party Website or Service you access.
Finally, this Policy does not cover any Personal Information you send to us via any non-secured mode of communications such as email, instant messenger or Twitter, as communications via these methods may be subject to interception, loss, or alteration. While we welcome your comments and suggestions sent to us in this manner, we encourage you to carefully examine what Personal Information you send to us via these methods.
No Collection of Personal Information as a Matter of Course and Informed Consent
Personal Information is only gathered with your informed consent, except for cookies. Where you have provided Personal Information, it will only be used for the purposes of providing you Application Services.
What information do we collect?
The following information is shared with Members of the Application (“Shared Information”).
- Your member name and general profile information
- Information Members add through using the Application, including:
- Posts and comments in discussions
- Live Classes you have registered for
In addition to the Shared Information, we ask for information that is never shared with other Members (“Restricted Information”). We collect it for our use to communicate with you information and news about the Application, facilitate your use of the Application, and to improve your experience on the Application. Restricted Information includes:
- Your email address and password
- IP address
- Credit card details, and/or banking information
- Journeys you start
- Growth areas you select
- Podcasts you listen to
- Content posted to your personal journal
Restricted Information about your Devices
We may collect information from or about the computers, phones, or other devices where you install or access our Application. This information will not appear on the Application. We will treat it like other Restricted Information on the Application. For example, we may collect:
- Attributes such as the operating system, hardware version, and device settings.
- Device locations, including specific geographic locations, such as through GPS, Bluetooth, or WiFi signals.
- Connection information such as the name of your browser type, language and time zone, and IP address.
How do we protect your information?
We use only industry best practices (physical, electronic and procedural) in keeping any data collected (including Personal Information) secure.
We implement a variety of security measures when a user enters, submits, or accesses their information to maintain the safety of your Personal Information.
We use end-to-end encryption for email address, password, credit card, banking information and IP address to guard against anyone accessing this Personal Information.
Your Personal Information is contained behind secured networks and is only accessible by a limited number of persons who have special access rights to such systems, and are required to keep the information confidential.
We use certain vendors and hosting companies to provide the necessary hardware, software, networking, storage, and related technology required to run the Application, and these third parties have been selected for their high standards of security, both electronic and physical. You acknowledge that our third-party vendors and hosting partners may be located in jurisdictions or countries where the privacy laws may not be as protective as those in your home province, state, country or other governmental jurisdiction.
How is your Information used and shared?
Members should expect that every piece of information they enter (even if it is not currently displayed), except for Restricted Information, may be shared with other Members, and partners. We make sure that when information is shared with third parties that all Personal Information is excluded.
There are instances where both Shared Information and Restricted Information may be used and disclosed including, but not limited to, the following:
- Huddol uses Shared Information and Restricted Information internally, as needed, for product enhancements, for maintenance and operation of the Application, and to create the best possible tools and functionality for our Members.
- Huddol may share or disclose a Member’s information (including Personal Information) where required by law or to comply with legal processes.
- If we believe it is necessary in order to investigate, prevent, or take action regarding illegal activities, fraud, or situations involving potential threats to the safety of any person, any violation of the user agreement, or situations that involve abuse of the Application infrastructure or the Internet in general (such as voluminous spamming, denial of service attacks, or attempts to compromise the security of the Application infrastructure or the Application generally).
- In the event that Huddol goes through a business transition, such as a merger, acquisition by another organization, or sale of all or a portion of its assets, the Shared Information and Restricted Information, including Personal Information, might be among the assets transferred. Members will be notified via the Application or via email of any such change in ownership or control of Personal Information.
- In the event that an adverse event is reported by a Member as it relates to a medication, we may be required to report that information to a third-party who is legally bound to monitor and intervene in instances of adverse medication reporting. We will only report to the third-party with your consent.
How is Shared Information used?
A. To make recommendations
We use the information we have to personalize your experience on the Application and improve our recommendations. Based on the information you provide, we show you relevant Services. Over time, we will measure the interest in particular recommendations and improve our recommendation system through updating our algorithms.
B. To better tailor the services of the Application
We will use certain Shared Information in the aggregate in order to improve the Application and better tailor the Application to the needs of our Members.
C. To inform research and policy work by partners and other third parties
We work with companies and organizations to conduct relevant research with the goal of improving the health and wellness sector. Research on the Application may cover a range of topics ranging from the effect of using the Application (e.g. the impact of Application use on members) to health related research (e.g. the impact of health related challenges).
We will not share information that can personally identify you (e.g. email address, your name, etc.). However, we may share free-text entered into Huddol with partners. We cannot pre-screen this data to guard against users sharing personally identifiable information in free text within, for example in a discussion thread, so you should avoid adding information to free text that could uniquely identify you if this is a concern.
This does not include website hosting partners and other parties who assist us in operating our Application, conducting our business, or serving our users, so long as those parties agree to keep this information confidential. We may also release information when its release is appropriate to comply with the law, enforce our site policies, or protect ours or others’ rights, property or safety.
To optimize our business and advertising
We use Google Analytics Advertiser Features to optimize our business. Advertiser features include:
- Remarketing with Google Analytics
- Google Display Network Impression Reporting
- DoubleClick Platform integrations
- Google Analytics Demographics and Interest Reporting
By enabling these Google Analytics Display features, we are required to notify our visitors by disclosing the use of these features and that we and third-party vendors use first-party cookies (such as the Google Analytics cookie) or other first-party identifiers, and third-party cookies (such as the DoubleClick cookie) or other third-party identifiers together to gather data about your activities on our Site. Among other uses, this allows us to contact you if you begin to fill out our check-out form but abandon it before completion with an email reminding you to complete your order. The “Remarketing” feature allows us to reach people who previously visited our Site, and match the right audience with the right advertising message.
We abide by Facebook’s Data Use Restrictions:
- Any ad data collected, received or derived from our Facebook ad (“Facebook advertising data”) is only shared with someone acting on our behalf, such as our service provider. We are responsible for ensuring that our service providers protect any Facebook advertising data or any other information obtained from us, limit our use of all of that information, and keep it confidential and secure.
- We do not use Facebook advertising data for any purpose (including retargeting, commingling data across multiple advertisers’ campaigns, or allowing piggybacking or redirecting with tags), except on an aggregate and anonymous basis (unless authorized by Facebook) and only to assess the performance and effectiveness of our Facebook advertising campaigns.
- We do not use Facebook advertising data, including the targeting criteria for a Facebook ad, to build, append to, edit, influence, or augment user profiles, including profiles associated with any mobile device identifier or other unique identifier that identifies any particular user, browser, computer or device.
- We do not transfer any Facebook advertising data (including anonymous, aggregate, or derived data) to any ad network, ad exchange, data broker or other advertising or monetization related service.
How do we treat third-party links?
In your use of Huddol Journeys, you may encounter links to third-party websites on our Application. These third-party sites have separate and independent privacy policies. We, therefore, have no responsibility or liability for the content and activities of these linked sites. Nonetheless, we seek to protect the integrity of our Application and welcome any feedback about these sites.
Additional privacy protections
Huddol cannot guarantee that the information entered in the Application by Members or Mentors is 100% accurate. You may, in the course of using the Application, come across Members or Mentors who do not represent themselves accurately or enter misleading information. However, they do so in violation of our user agreement.
What if a data breach occurs?
If there is a data breach, we will notify you via email within 7 business days of our learning of this breach.
As a member of Huddol Journeys, we will periodically send you emails about activity or news related to the Application or notifications for you personally. We will send these emails in accordance with the laws protecting people against spam, including but not limited to the Canadian law informally known as Canada’s Anti-Spam Law (“CASL”, S.C. 2010, c. 23). If you believe you have received emails from us in violation of this law, please contact us using the contact information below in this Policy.
If at any time you would like to unsubscribe from receiving future emails, you can follow the instructions at the bottom of each email. Huddol may also send you transactional emails related to your behavior on the Application. You can turn off these emails at any time by unsubscribing at the bottom of emails.
General Information Transfer from the Application
Any information (personal or not) the Application collects while you use it may be stored locally on your wireless device and then transferred to servers controlled by us, and we may obtain this information as a result of the data being sent to our servers from the Application. The information, however, is only used (or not used) by us as described elsewhere in this Policy.
Risks Associated with the Internet and Wireless Data Transmission
Despite our best efforts to ensure that third parties will not access or obtain your Personal Information through your use of the Application, complete confidentiality and security cannot currently be guaranteed on the Internet and / or where data is transferred via wireless digital technology of any type. Communication via the Internet or wireless digital technology is subject to interception, loss, or alteration. You acknowledge and agree that Huddol and its Representatives cannot be held responsible for damages resulting from the transmission of confidential information or Personal Information over the Internet or wireless digital technology and that such communications are at your own risk.
Access, Correction and Deletion of Personal Information
If you wish to inquire about and access what Personal Information we hold about you to verify and / or correct it, or if you wish to delete any Personal Information held about you from our databases, please contact us using the contact information further below in this Policy. You may also delete your account (and thus your Personal Information) through your settings when you are logged in. Please note that if you request deletion of your Personal Information, we reserve the right to retain some of your Personal Information for a reasonable time in order to satisfy our legal obligations. Please note that deletion of your Personal Information as described in this section will make it impossible for you to use the Application.
Compliance with Privacy Laws
This Policy and our practices in general are designed to be in compliance with Canada’s Personal Information Protection and Electronic Documents Act (“PIPEDA”, S.C. 2000, c. 5) and Quebec’s An Act Respecting the Protection Of Personal Information in the Private Sector (R.S.Q. c. P-39.1). If you have any questions regarding this compliance, please contact us using the contact information further in this Policy.
If there are any questions regarding this Policy, you may contact us at firstname.lastname@example.org.
Last edited on February 4, 2021.